No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only play online with friends now. I seriously can't stand seeing Scorpion being picked every time and all they do is crouch block, uppercut and hell fire. Pisses me off to no end.

Comment

• Let me guess you found people who spammed vanishing moves?
      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Activated trial on main account if anyone wants some matches, ranked matchmaking finds no one :/

Edit: Oh wow, even if someone quits on you mid match it counts as loss for you, what type of BS is this? Think I'll have to do this to others seeing as 3/4 fights the person quits on me.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I'm quickly discovering Smoke as my main, he's so intense. I feel like his combos can get really disjointed though, but that's just me and failing at fighting games in general. I suck at starting big combos big time.

Comment

• My mains are Cyber Sub-Zero and Kabal. Well, I say mains because they're the only characters I can get combos of over 25% damage with. CS-Z has a pretty nasty 34% damage combo, it just has to be precise. Back to training I'll go.

Comment

• I think I'll try get the online trophies then trade this in and rent it, with about 3 hours of this online I already hate it. Long waits for matches, most people are just quitting on me if I'm about to win and just for the icing I take a loss because of them quitting. Of course blocked from playing with the majoirty of my friends list.

How can they fuck the game up so badly from basic things.

Playing online also shows how broken the balance is. It is stupidly rewarding to run away, be defensive and just counter, plenty characters get screwed by this because they do not have options to do so well. Another failed MK game.

Comment

• Well, I think they could probably patch ragequitting in a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                  I think I'll try get the online trophies then trade this in and rent it, with about 3 hours of this online I already hate it. Long waits for matches, most people are just quitting on me if I'm about to win and just for the icing I take a loss because of them quitting. Of course blocked from playing with the majoirty of my friends list.

How can they fuck the game up so badly from basic things.

Playing online also shows how broken the balance is. It is stupidly rewarding to run away, be defensive and just counter, plenty characters get screwed by this because they do not have options to do so well. Another failed MK game.
                  Am I the only one who thinks the game is great without having to blame or
                  classify its defects from other people's attitudes and actions....ONLINE?

They already said that they'll be bringing an update to fix a few things, so
                  hopefully it pleases the people that don't share my point of view of how
                  great the game is as a fighter alone.

...people complaining about people who ground block all the time, seriously?
                  There are clearly ways around this.

Did you also know that it counts as a loss when you ragequit, right?
                  ...and as a Disconnect, I believe so as well.
                  Last edited by Kaneco; 05-18-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post

...people complaining about people who ground block all the time, seriously?
                    There are clearly ways around this.
                    Being defensive != people who ground block all the time.

People who can run away and spam projectiles quickly are incredibly troublesome for characters who do not have a teleport or a fast projectile, playing online it gets worse because even for characters who do have options a lot of intended punish options simple do not work online with the delay even on almost lagless matches and will result in a block from the opponent/ an impossible whiff and punish on you instead.

Comment

• Mortal Kombat - PDP National MK9 Tournament - Grand Finals
                      Mortal KombatPDP Gaming MK9 NationalsGrand Finals : Floe (Ermac) vs Justin Wong (Kung Lao)Extra Tags :Mortal Kombat 9 2011 mk9 mk2011 scorpion sub-zero milee...

This gives me chubby down my pants, in a good way. xD

It just too exciting to watch this level of fighting.

EDIT: I just realized this...

The annoucers - The Black guy sounds like the White guy should sound and the White guy sounds like the Black guy should sound. Lmao. xD
                      Last edited by Kaneco; 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I've played about 40 games online now and the only characters opponents have picked are Scorpion, Smoke and Ermac. There was a single Johnny Cage.

Nobody else.

Comment

• Yup it seems people only pick the characters with the vanishing moves the start up to them are too fast to stop and it turns into a game of: two steps forward hold block uppercut the person. I swear this game is fun but as a person who has played many many fighters the combat is sub par

Comment

• It is annoying, take Sonya vs Scorpion, the Scorpion want to turtle.

Sonya Options:

Just wait and turtle back to let him attack - He'll do unblockable flame feet move.
                            Projectile - He'll counter with teleport and hit you in the back.
                            Jump forward of any kind - Get over here!
                            Walk/Dash forward - Get over here!, or flame feet at dash exit, or he'll edge backwards as you try edge forward and then just teleport to other side of the screen when you get near finally and he reach stage edge, back to square one.
                            Jumping kick special to clear entire screen to him - Blocked/countered or he just teleports and back to square one.
                            Any other special - Get over here!

So where are her balanced options?

MK games have always been poorly balanced, I dunno why I expected different.
                            Last edited by Dracarys; 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Hmm.. with people who do nothing but turtle and spam moves I used to just throw their asses around since throws couldn't be blocked.

If they aren't gonna play then then don't play fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                It is annoying, take Sonya vs Scorpion, the Scorpion want to turtle.

Sonya Options:

Just wait and turtle back to let him attack - He'll do unblockable flame feet move.
                                Projectile - He'll counter with teleport and hit you in the back.
                                Jump forward of any kind - Get over here!
                                Walk/Dash forward - Get over here!, or flame feet at dash exit, or he'll edge backwards as you try edge forward and then just teleport to other side of the screen when you get near finally and he reach stage edge, back to square one.
                                Jumping kick special to clear entire screen to him - Blocked/countered or he just teleports and back to square one.
                                Any other special - Get over here!

So where are her balanced options?

MK games have always been poorly balanced, I dunno why I expected different.
                                Lmao being a Sonya mainer myself I've run into this a lot I usually turtle back at them and Sonyas arching jump kick or whatever you call it is great at closing the space and has good enough recovery time to unleash an uppercut right away.

And yes this game is very unbalanced LOL Scorpion is very overpowered character

Comment

Working...
                                X