Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    I think I'll try get the online trophies then trade this in and rent it, with about 3 hours of this online I already hate it. Long waits for matches, most people are just quitting on me if I'm about to win and just for the icing I take a loss because of them quitting. Of course blocked from playing with the majoirty of my friends list.

How can they fuck the game up so badly from basic things.

Playing online also shows how broken the balance is. It is stupidly rewarding to run away, be defensive and just counter, plenty characters get screwed by this because they do not have options to do so well. Another failed MK game.
    I'm quoting this for truth. I had hopes and it seemed promising but the online really brings the rest of the game down, which is a real shame. There's just too many issues with online, which I jokingly believe is because the developers are still stuck in 1996 and assume the internet still runs at ISDN speeds. I'm not happy with being lied to either, we were told that the game isn't region locked and yet they manipulated around that by releasing the American and European versions of the game as seperate products thus effectively region locking the game. A real bitch move if you ask me.

There's also the lag excuse, which doesn't make any sense either since I've played many online games with friends from other countries with little to no lag, e.g. Marvel vs Capcom 3. In fact, valentinesdead was telling me how he was getting some lag with someone who lived in the same country, so it sounds like their "lag" excuse and solution went tits up anyway. The truth is that the netcode is laughably bad.

Like I said, it's a real shame since it brings down what's otherwise the best attempt at making a decent MK. Then there's all the problems people are having with balance issues, if you have characters that have easily exploitable moves then kids will abuse them. There's no honour system, it's all about winning at any cost and then ragequitting when you don't win. It's why characters like Scorpion, Smoke and Ermac are insanely popular, because they have moves that can be spammed. I'll throw Noob in there too, he's another culprit.

Yet I hear people call Stryker cheap! Such audacity!

So yeah, trading this in and getting L.A. Noire.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      I'm quoting this for truth. I had hopes and it seemed promising but the online really brings the rest of the game down, which is a real shame. There's just too many issues with online, which I jokingly believe is because the developers are still stuck in 1996 and assume the internet still runs at ISDN speeds. I'm not happy with being lied to either, we were told that the game isn't region locked and yet they manipulated around that by releasing the American and European versions of the game as seperate products thus effectively region locking the game. A real bitch move if you ask me.

There's also the lag excuse, which doesn't make any sense either since I've played many online games with friends from other countries with little to no lag, e.g. Marvel vs Capcom 3. In fact, valentinesdead was telling me how he was getting some lag with someone who lived in the same country, so it sounds like their "lag" excuse and solution went tits up anyway. The truth is that the netcode is laughably bad.

Like I said, it's a real shame since it brings down what's otherwise the best attempt at making a decent MK. Then there's all the problems people are having with balance issues, if you have characters that have easily exploitable moves then kids will abuse them. There's no honour system, it's all about winning at any cost and then ragequitting when you don't win. It's why characters like Scorpion, Smoke and Ermac are insanely popular, because they have moves that can be spammed. I'll throw Noob in there too, he's another culprit.

Yet I hear people call Stryker cheap! Such audacity!

So yeah, trading this in and getting L.A. Noire.
      Thats terrible...But hopefully you'll have fun with L.A. Noire.

Comment

• I don't think any of the characters are cheap, but the users themselves are the ones
        that make them seem so.

As you can see from the PDP tournament finals in Las Vegas, where you can see Justin
        Wong a well known video game player in the fighting genre.

Never do they do a teleport move because as we all should know at this kind of high
        level matches it can cause you the entire match.

When you face people that you can't get a hit on them because of their constant
        blocking just use moves that can break through guard, high-drop attacks that are
        effective against crouching blocking opponents, or simply grab them...and yes it works
        even on crouching opponents.

If you truly know how to play the game like these gentlemen then you shouldn't have
        any issues on rinse and repeat novices.

This video is exactly what I mean...that's why you see Justin Wong winning nearly all
        fighting game tournaments you see him in.

Mortal Kombat - PDP National MK9 Tournament - Grand Finals
        Mortal KombatPDP Gaming MK9 NationalsGrand Finals : Floe (Ermac) vs Justin Wong (Kung Lao)Extra Tags :Mortal Kombat 9 2011 mk9 mk2011 scorpion sub-zero milee...

As for me, I've been lucky on finding people who either I challenge or challenge me
        just use a great variety of characters to my surprise...I guess it has to do because
        I'm looking at a different audience playing the US servers and all.

I would recommend looking at other rooms that are not overly crowded.
        Last edited by Kaneco; 05-19-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• im also thinking about selling it but i did loved story mode.

Comment

• You cannot grab a croucher unless they block, but even if you try they can just counter and nullify it. This is all irrelevent against characters who are zoning vs someone without options to counter it anyway though since if they do it even half right you'll never be in grab range, like the Sonya example I posted.

Teleports should not be attacks.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Jazwares Mortal Kombat Action Figures Revealed

I think the heads on all of them look pretty bad. Someone else besides Jazwares should make MK figures, then I'd consider buying one.

If the page doesn't work here's the pics

Spoiler:
              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 05-19-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Johnny Cage looks like a Monkey lololol.

I might pick up Sub-Zero and Scorpion, knowing the fact that the people who make them suck at making figures. I've read nothing but bad things about their quality of their figures.

Comment

• Ya know..it takes talent to make truly terrible looking action figures.

Comment

• They are made like kids toys, I like figures closer to models/statues. These look awful.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Oh God Raidens head looks like an eggplant
                      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Good thing Cage comes with an extra pair of open hands.

You know, for all the handshaking, high-fiving and baby-kissing he goes through on a daily basis.

Comment

• God, those figures look horrendous.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• This must have been the mistake that Dick Jones had Bob Morton killed for.

Comment

• The ED-209 action figures that we're rolling out next month will be far superior.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                The ED-209 action figures that we're rolling out next month will be far superior.
                                Have you fixed the glitch?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X