MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machida's Father: My son must fight Anderson Silva

Here's a great interview of Lyoto Machida's father, discussing how he wants his son to fight Anderson Silva regardless of their honorable friendship, and his take on the controversial Shogun fight. Machida is my personal favorite, and win or lose I would love to see these fantastic fighters go at it in the octagon.

http://www.mmalinker.com/news/view/1133368/
    Last edited by REmaster; 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Still struggling to be convinced by Lashley, considering it was against a horrifically out of shape (and no good for how long?!) Wes Simms! Could be considered an early stoppage, but there's only so long any referee was going to sit back and watch that pummeling.

Hershel Walker, jury's out. Was a technically sound performance of course, but i'm not sure i've ever seen anyone as bad in the cage as Greg Nagy, just a terrible, cloueless performance. Not sure why Walker took so long to finish the fight.

Nick Diaz looked outstanding with his stirking, some beautful shots. Any other night it would've been comeback of the night!

But fuck me, probably my fight of the year so far was Manhoef/Lawler. Never seen such vicious leg kicks, particularly the ammount that hit home! Lawler's legs were nearly above his head at times! But then, the reason i love MMA, how such a dominant performance can turn to jack shit in the blink of an eye. Not the most brutal punch you'll see all year, but right on the spot to send Manhoef to the floor. Couple of vicious shots for good measure.

Comment

• I hated seeing Mark Coleman get destroyed by Couture, but Randy just has an extraordinary amount of stamina and power for someone his age. It was a bit sad seeing Coleman finally realize that he needs to retire. I was hoping he would go out on top and leave after beating Bonner, but I suppose it's hard to quit something when it's all you've ever known. I'm also going to get this thread changed to MMA, since there is plenty of exciting fights and news outside UFC as Stu has covered.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• Holy shit. I was very sad by the losses of Mousasi and Hendo, but this brawl was pretty unexpected. I've always liked Jason Miller, not particularly as a fighter but as a person. He might come off as a crazy asshole, but he just loves to goof around and have some fun. Here's a clip of him getting jumped by several people last night at the end of Strikeforce: Nashville after requesting a simple rematch with Jake Shields. Obviously he was not starting a fight or anything, but Jake shields and his whole team OVERfuckingReacted and beat him down right then and there. You can see Nick Diaz punching him in the back while other team members are soccer kicking him. There's also a vid of Miller's thoughts on what the hell happened lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVzVxD3CKLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOZ5a...layer_embedded

Comment

• Ah can't wait for July 3rd(saturday) for a Brock Lesnar VS Shane Carwin fight. The Heavyweight titles will be unified, grab them beers cuz its gonna be awesome haha...unless you're not a UFC fan.

Comment

Working...
            X