I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    This year has been terrible for my family. Those of you recalled how my dog had died earlier in the year followed by a family friend. Tonight I'm saddened to say my Father passed away. It's one thing to battle cancer, even an aggressive kind, and when surgery fails to remove it from you there's only so many options you can go through from then on. My father chose not to suffer from the pain any longer and I respect his decision. The last time I was with him was Thanksgiving morning over breakfast. I'm very grateful to have such a fond memory of that day where he set aside his pain to be with his family one last time. I love you Papa Smiley. It'll be hard moving forward, but I'm going to fulfill your wishes and make you proud.
    Man, that sucks. I hope you eventually feel better, and get through your loss soon.

On topic, I'm annoyed at the fact that I got a bad case of Rhinitis. Last march I had a terrible time with that, and now it's back, just when I'm extremely busy at work. Fuck my luck.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Thanks. I'm still very hurt from the whole experience. It'll take time, but I'll recover.

Comment

• My condolences.

Keep your chin up dude.

Comment

• I still look back on this topic and think that before I found out he died the worst part of my black Friday was a rude customer at my job.

Hard to imagine that not long after typing that I'd be finding the note he mailed my family dated a day before Thanksgiving and going over to his house with the hopes that he would answer the door when I knocked. No answer on the phone or door yet the lights were on. Our keys to his house weren't working. I believe he changed the lock. I called the police and watched them get inside the house only to confirm my worst fear. The M.E. places his death sometime around Thanksgiving after he had spent the morning with my Brother and I.

I don't hate him for his decision. Sure it makes Thanksgiving all the more sad, but I do believe that if he had enough strength left in him he would have tried to hold out till after the holidays. I believe he just wanted one more day to spend with his family and end it on a high note. Where we gave our love to him and embraced in a family hug. So while I'm hurt over this I can at least take some comfort in the fact that the last thing I did with my dad was hug and tell him that I love him.

Comment

• It's official, I've broken it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
              It's official, I've broken it.

OUCH. That looks bad. Get well soon Alexia!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Ladies and gentleman, before you decide to break the rules again, I'd like to remind you that Alexia was walking on that for 9 days before she went to the hospital. She was walking. On a broken ankle. For nine days. You just aren't hard enough to argue with her any more.

Comment

• Don't forget I went scuba diving and climbed up ladders too. XD
                  Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-02-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Ladies and gentleman, before you decide to break the rules again, I'd like to remind you that Alexia was walking on that for 9 days before she went to the hospital. She was walking. On a broken ankle. For nine days. You just aren't hard enough to argue with her any more.

Couldn't resist .

Comment

• This weekend is turning out to god awful. I'm just pissed and upset. And my birthday is tomorrow, I wonder what joys await me then. *Sarcasm*

Comment

• God, another director for the Clock Tower film was attached late November. Directed 'Snakes on a Plane'.

Fuck.

Please stay in development hell Clock Tower film, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. FUCKING PLEASE.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• ^ That's my reaction to the live Cowboy Bebop and Akira films. And just to make it clear, Hollywood isn't the only one screwing up live anime adaptations. Japan managed to fuck up their own comcis, Junji Ito's work has been made into many films, and barely resemble the source material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                            ^ That's my reaction to the live Cowboy Bebop and Akira films. And just to make it clear, Hollywood isn't the only one screwing up live anime adaptations. Japan managed to fuck up their own comcis, Junji Ito's work has been made into many films, and barely resemble the source material.
                            Even more-so when the film isn't even based on what it was supposed to be fucking based on according to the current information.

Seriously. A fucking spirit posessing people and going on a murderous rampage.

I guess someone didn't get the memo, considering this is apparently based on Clock Tower - Ghost Head and/or Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within as it was titled outside of Japan.

It's actually a parasite AND a neurotoxin. The neurotoxin makes them crazy, the parasite turns them into zombies. How fucking hard is that to understand?!

And that Yu/Alyssa has an alternative personality (possibly a previous twin, in-game it isn't really covered much and I'd have to go over my translations from the Ghost Head guides - but even then, the scenario writer said that even he didn't know what would happen in the end) called Sho/Bates that is protective in an aggressive manner.

No possession or anything like that leading to some sort of weird rip-off of The Thing meets Battle Royale from the sounds of it (wouldn't be surprised on Battle Royale if they were aiming for that feeling due to Kinji Fukusaku directing Clock Tower 3 which was rather different to the originals).

Cause of annoyance here
                            sigpic
                            Non-blurry Signature Version
                            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                              God, another director for the Clock Tower film was attached late November. Directed 'Snakes on a Plane'.

Fuck.

Please stay in development hell Clock Tower film, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. FUCKING PLEASE.
                              And now you will feel the pain that I felt when I watched Quantum of Solace.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• How does that work out? I can understand if you didn't like QoS, but the director behind it seemed to have a good enough resume.

Ellis however was responsible for such horror classics as The Final Destination and Shark Night 3D...... I think Enetirnel has more of a right to be concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X