Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dragon Ball Z Doujinshi

Hi all,

I'd like to let you all know I'm starting a DBZ Doujinshi (fan comic) and it will center around Goku and Broli. This will just be a mini comic and not a full blown series.

Without further waiting, here the link to it on my deviant art page > http://zombie250.deviantart.com/gall...-Goku-VS-Broli

Let me know what you guys think.
    My Head-Fi Page

I dig your art! Dragonball has been a mainstay for me for a little over 17 years (since I was 11). It's always nice to see that people still love it as much as I do! It really is a great series.

I am just maybe not the best person to judge anything with Broly in it... HA! Being a staunch manga purist, I don't really count Broly as a 'real' Dragonball character. Hell, I don't even make the 'Z' distinction because, in the comic, it's all just Dragonball.

And (though this has absolutely nothing to do with your post); It's only over 8000, FUNimation! You morons...

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah I know he is not cannon, but meh he's still a cool character.

I added the Z since most people will other wise think it's a comic relating to the earlier DB manga.

The first page kinda turned out bad so I'm redrawing it currently. Oh and this will be translated into Japanese as well with Japanese sound effects and all. Even manga style spiky text bubbles and zoom lines.

LOL I love manga and recently purchased VIZ's DBZ manga box set, though I was dissapointed to see the SFX are in English .

I also purchased all 12 volumes of Shinseiki Evangelion and love them a lot.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

That's one of the things that ticks me off the most about Viz. They don't seem to get that they're damaging the art with their lame clip-art SFX... or they don't care.

Comment

Not all of VIZ's stuff is messed up. I got the collector versions of the Evangelion manga's and all the SFX is still Japanese, and any other Japanese text (on buildings, signs, ect...) is unchanged.

I' waiting for Elfen Lied to come to America as I have all the Japanese volumes... just that I have a hard time with Kanji and such.. I can read Hirigana and Katakana perfectly, just I never fully learned Kanji.

OH and back to my manga, I finished inking the redrawn page 01 and it looks much much better! I'm going to go back over the other pages and change the SFX to Japanese ones, I prefer the SFX in Japanese!!

On another note, I believe page 003 looks the best so far. Broli's aura is damn good and he just turned out pretty good and Goku looks kinda on edge and pissed.

Oh would you be interested in helping out with editing and story progression with me?
          Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-14-2010, 09:18 PM.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

As an update I added 5 more pages today, but 3 of them are actual drawings.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I just put you on my watch list.

Comment

Thanks man. You'll enjoy the pages to come since they are going to start fighting!
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I updated it today with two more pages. One is a title page and the other is the comic.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I have added many more pages now to the comic.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                    X