No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shugotenshi View Post
    "This message is hidden because Stu is on your ignore list." I wish the Ignore list system was forcibly reciprocal, so that when one person blocks another person, it automatically places both persons on each others ignore/block list. Obviously when you're ignoring someone you don't want to read their posts or for them to read your posts. I'd like to hack Stu's account and place myself on his ignore list.
    A bit over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
      A bit over the top.
      Then report the post and quit ya whining, suckah.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

• Checkout the Hideki Kamiya's tweets about Biohazard 1.5:

It was the first time for me to work as a director, RT @ashukan_san @PG_kamiya As a Director, how was your experience with Biohazard 1.5 ?

Hell and Heaven. RT @OKeijiDragon @PG_kamiya How would you describe the quality gap between BIO1.5 and BIO2 in a sentence?

Of course. RT @ashukan_san @PG_kamiya Are you happy with the final version of Biohazard 2 ?

Because 1.5 was totally sit. RT @OKeijiDragon @PG_kamiya Very interesting answer! Well put! Why would you say that, Kamiya-san?

Last edited by ashkan; 09-17-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• I believe we should just give on this whole 1.5 thing. We have to face facts here. We're never going to be able to get it and it's never going to leak. It's just too valuable of an item. I've since switched over to the RE 2 modding scene with Dark Biohazard's (not Dominion) custom backgrounds and other 1.5 related mods.

It's the closest we have and probably will ever have to 1.5. Just my two cents on the matter.

Comment

• It will find its way to the public in 2011/Q1 2012. Remember this post.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              It will find its way to the public in 2011/Q1 2012. Remember this post.
              Do you have proof of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                Do you have proof of this?
                Do you have proof it won't? Could go either way really. People have been pessimistic and given up on it for years and saying we'd never see it, and in 2007 we came damn closer than we had been since 2000. I really think it's still very possible to happen, it's just probably gonna still be a while before someone is comfortable coming forward with it or selling it again. Obviously I don't know for sure (or maybe I do and just can't elaborate ), so of course there's a chance it'll just never come to more public light. The fact that there are a few copies out in the wild is proof enough that obtaining it is a possibility, just as much as the possibility we never will.

As for the Japanese community idea. Sorry to sound rude but there are quite a few of us who have been involved with the 1.5 scene anywhere from a few years to over ten years (10 years for me, makes me feel old haha) and we have tried pretty much any idea you can imagine (aside from obvious big illegal activity like the often jokingly fantasized storming Capcom and stealing it from them haha). While connections within the JP community aren't really quite as strong as I'd like it to be, we do have people with affiliates amongst them, so we do have some eyes over there. It really feels insulting (I know it's unintended) when people come along with these ideas and questioning if we've tried some of the most basic of things (contacting Capcom, searching torrent sites, check JP community, ect ect) like we've been too stupid to come up with ideas and have just been sitting here doing nothing for the last decade. I realize and respect that some people are new sometimes, but it just seems like some questions should be common sense to assume. I mean no offense to anyone.

It was the first time for me to work as a director, RT @ashukan_san @PG_kamiya As a Director, how was your experience with Biohazard 1.5 ?

Hell and Heaven. RT @OKeijiDragon @PG_kamiya How would you describe the quality gap between BIO1.5 and BIO2 in a sentence?

Of course. RT @ashukan_san @PG_kamiya Are you happy with the final version of Biohazard 2 ?

Because 1.5 was totally sit. RT @OKeijiDragon @PG_kamiya Very interesting answer! Well put! Why would you say that, Kamiya-san?
                While I won't sit here and blindly claim and argue potentially the real quality of 1.5, is it really surprising that is how he'd answer that question? Considering that had been their official stance the entire time anyway, I would be really surprised if he were to claim it was anything but a bad game. He's not gonna be like "oh man, 1.5 was great!" or "1.5 was good, but we wanted to milk the franchise so we scrapped it and created a different version more suited to doing so.". Even if 1.5 wasn't as bad as they claim it to be, they gotta keep their game face on about it so as to not make Capcom's decision be questioned (even if he isn't there anymore).
                Last edited by Alzaire; 09-17-2010, 03:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                  It really feels insulting (I know it's unintended) when people come along with these ideas and questioning if we've tried some of the most basic of things like we've been too stupid to come up with ideas and have just been sitting here doing nothing for the last decade.
                  Did you look under your sofa?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                    Did you look under your sofa?
                    =O omg I found it! haha
                    Last edited by Alzaire; 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Been wondering if Alzaire and co felt that way having read the thread recently. It's like a vicious circle every few weeks.

"Have you seen this video/picture?"

"Do you think it'll leak?"

"I think this person has it!!"

"It's never going to leak!"

"A friend of a friend..."

Seriously, just fuck off and let the professionals handle things. Ask your questions about what's known of the content at this point, but don't dip your toes in the sort of waters you really shouldn't go near.

#justsayin

Comment

• Originally posted by ashkan View Post
                        Checkout the Hideki Kamiya's tweets about Biohazard 1.5:
                        Yep!

Originally posted by Prime Blue
                        Thank you for this highly insightful and credible source. I commend you. Greatly.
                        Last edited by killer7ITA; 09-17-2010, 03:55 PM.
                        I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

While I won't sit here and blindly claim and argue potentially the real quality of 1.5, is it really surprising that is how he'd answer that question? Considering that had been their official stance the entire time anyway, I would be really surprised if he were to claim it was anything but a bad game. He's not gonna be like "oh man, 1.5 was great!" or "1.5 was good, but we wanted to milk the franchise so we scrapped it and created a different version more suited to doing so.". Even if 1.5 wasn't as bad as they claim it to be, they gotta keep their game face on about it so as to not make Capcom's decision be questioned (even if he isn't there anymore).
                          Well, from past comments, we know that the people in the industry don't give a shit anymore as soon as they have left a company. Mikami openly admitted that he was put under enormous pressure by the company to have RE4 retooled into a mass market game – which is not exactly the thing to blurt out if you care about your ex-employer. I think it's just hard to accept for you that even the creators think it was a failure. Which, let's face it, they do not have a single reason to lie about (or at most, not anymore).

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                            Well, from past comments, we know that the people in the industry don't give a shit anymore as soon as they have left a company. Mikami openly admitted that he was put under enormous pressure by the company to have RE4 retooled into a mass market game – which is not exactly the thing to blurt out if you care about your ex-employer. I think it's just hard to accept for you that even the creators think it was a failure. Which, let's face it, they do not have a single reason to lie about (or at most, not anymore).
                            That is somewhat true, I suppose. But Kamiya and Mikami are two different people. You never really know how anyone truly feels or how they'll act.

But really the reason I don't accept Capcom's stance on it's quality is quite simply because from the material available to me, I just don't agree with it. A lot of people forget that while Capcom's employees are "professional" developers, they are also ultimately human and everything is based on their own opinion. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with them. Some people's "shit" isn't "shit" to someone else (hell, go read the Afterlife movie topic to see evidence of that). Yes I haven't played it, so I don't know for certain. I might even agree that business-wise they made the right decision if I ever see it for myself, and I may even agree that it doesn't really play well. I'm just basing my own opinion from the material given to me and not blindly following the company's stance. It is a little unfair to compare 1.5 to retail today I think as well. During 1.5's development, it received a ton of praise in the media and was very hyped and nobody had any real negative comments on what they were seeing. Hell even the few people that have played it outside Capcom and spoken up didn't say it was that bad.

But I know some people just don't see it that way, and that's fine.
                            sigpic

Comment

That is somewhat true, I suppose. But Kamiya and Mikami are two different people. You never really know how anyone truly feels or how they'll act.

But really the reason I don't accept Capcom's stance on it's quality is quite simply because from the material available to me, I just don't agree with it. A lot of people forget that while Capcom's employees are "professional" developers, they are also ultimately human and everything is based on their own opinion. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with them. Some people's "shit" isn't "shit" to someone else (hell, go read the Afterlife movie topic to see evidence of that). Yes I haven't played it, so I don't know for certain. I might even agree that business-wise they made the right decision if I ever see it for myself, and I may even agree that it doesn't really play well. I'm just basing my own opinion from the material given to me and not blindly following the company's stance. It is a little unfair to compare 1.5 to retail today I think as well. During 1.5's development, it received a ton of praise in the media and was very hyped and nobody had any real negative comments on what they were seeing. Hell even the few people that have played it outside Capcom and spoken up didn't say it was that bad.

But I know some people just don't see it that way, and that's fine.
                              I think that your personal opinion is a very, very weak basis for assuming that the creators are not honest and some big-ass brainwashing conspiracy is going on in the background that is trying to conceal the masterpiece status of a 13-year-old scrapped game.

Comment

• Alzaire, I am curios about eras sorry for asking many questions but you look like know much about the game . era 1 = when leon looks like chris ? era 2 = when leon has casuel clothes? era 3 = when leon has no gloves era 4 = curator/PSM era 5 = many videos from bioflames and complete disc correct me if i am wrong. Thanks alot for answaring the previous question that was much apprecieted.
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X