This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Guide to Getting Japanese 360 Gold

Barring any issues, it looks like we'll be getting the Biohazard 5 demo on the Japanese 360 Marketplace soon. So in preperation, I've set up a quick guide for how to create a Japanese 360 account.
    1. Go here: http://www.passport.net/
    2. Sign up a new account, Click
      "No, sign me up for a free MSN Hotmail e-mail address"
    3. Pick JAPAN for your country
      Pick Tokyo-to as your Prefecture
      150-2345 for your zipcode
    4. Keep going, and then have it set you up with a @hotmail.com address.
    5. Go to your 360, and create a new profile. Log in using your hotmail address on your 360, and it should set it to Japan.
    6. If this is less than your 4th trial account you get gold free, so select yes when it asks you.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM.

Awesome...I'll try it later. Thanks Dot.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

This is actually pretty much what my friend and I were gonna do. My friend already made his account so I plan on doing mine in a bit.

Still nice to have this up tho, thanks Dot50Cal.

Comment

It should be released in about 27 hours, 30 minutes from now. So keep an eye out ;)
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-03-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          It should be released in about 27 hours, 30 minutes from now. So keep an eye out ;)
          lol I'll check back tomorrow night. If not then I'll check Friday. I'm in no rush. The 360 belongs to my brother anyway and his room is like one of the rings of hell. I only enter now because he has Left 4 Dead
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I was thinking to post a guide, but you beat me to it.

I plan to miss the rest of the week of school after it gets released... (if only finals weren't in a week.)

All I can add is when I set a Japanese account about 2 years ago it made you pick a language setting and the only option was Japanese. My suggestion is that if you don't know Japanese, google Tokyo in image search and it should give you the kanji for Tokyo. then pick it from the list.

If you have trouble set up another one in your own country and remember what they ask you at each step, because if I remember correctly, every country has the same required information. (I've set up an account for every major country)

And Dot50Cal, when you said 27.5 hours, was that December 5th, because I think Japan is like 14 hours ahead of us, hopefully it will come out tomorrow night. Or have you heard of a specific release date and time?

Comment

do the asian demos work on the american systems?

Comment

any chance of the entire demo being video capped like the RE4 demo dot ?

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                  do the asian demos work on the american systems?
                  depends on the game, Love football demo didn't work on my xbox (American)

But it sounds like they will release the same demo in America later, and I don't see why they would go to all the extra trouble to add country protection (or how ever they do it)
                  Last edited by Beef_jerky_yo; 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I just checked and it's Thursday the 4th, 3:30 pm in Japan, so it might be out in only 8.5 hours, lets keep our fingers crossed.

If it is out I'll post here, if nobody post's first. I plan to be up all night checking.

Comment

Cool. Not expecting it to work on a western system but still remaining hopeful.

Comment

I already did that I only need to make a Japan XBL account but I'm waiting to get my check Friday so I can buy the gold 3 month membership. Hope it's not region locked!

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                          I already did that I only need to make a Japan XBL account but I'm waiting to get my check Friday so I can buy the gold 3 month membership. Hope it's not region locked!
                          Just don't waste your money until one of posts that it works. Like I said, I'll or someone before me will let everyone know if it works or not as soon as it comes out.

Comment

I'm all prepped to download it on 360 and PS3. Be interesting to compare the two demos graphically.

Comment

Sire Wabington hath been crafted from the fires of Mount Tokyo. He will ***** the Live waves tomorrow, returning with the demo of horrible truth, the truth that Resident Evil 5 will be delicious buttery hotness.

Comment

Working...
                              X