Resident Evil 5 PS3 Requires 5 GB Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 PS3 Requires 5 GB Install

NextGamer.nl have secured a snap from the back page of the final PS3 version cover of Resident Evil 5 and they point out that at least 5 GB is required to play the game. This will probably not go well for the 20 or 40 GB SKU owners.

Resident Evil 5 PS3 Installation

*** Update ***

The installs have been confirmed by Joystiq as well.

*** End Update ***
    Last edited by A-J; 02-04-2009, 01:38 PM.

Why not? Just clear some space. These installs are standard now. Everyone should be used to them

Edit: that looks like a fake cover..Look at the dual shock logo..

Moved to UMB labs for now. Not really worthy of a news post til we have absolute confirmation
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-01-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Wow. Metal Gear 4 was 4600MB. I have a 40gb...hopefully it'll do alright.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Why not? Just clear some space. These installs are standard now. Everyone should be used to them
        yeah but seeing as how the same game is running fine off of a disc on another console, its sort of unrequired . . no ?

and yeah it IS a little too early for final covers to be leaking imo

Comment

I wonder if as the game is loading this they will have the history of RE up to 5 flashing across the screen while you are waiting, kind of like how MGS did when you had to wait ages for it load.

Comment

Possibly fake, if not, it's still not as large as the RR7 install. Though optional, it sat at a little over 5GB.

EDIT: Seems that Resistance 2 has the logo at the back too, so this may be the real deal.
            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I thought Jun Takeuchi said that RE5 would not have a mandatory install?

Comment

Fake.

/topic

Comment

Looks real to me... but then again I haven't seen a PS3 back-of-box before

Can you install a custom hard drive in your PS3?

Comment

Any 2.5" SATA.

Comment

So how big can they get?

Comment

500GB. I've had a 160GB one installed for 2 years now, and I still have 93GB left over. Aside from the BD Live cache (which IIRC reserves only 1GB), I've got a few installs and 15 PSN games.

Comment

I don't care about installs. Once I'm done with the game, I delete the install...end of story.

Comment

You know, Xbox 360 games can be installed now as well. Perhaps the idea of a mandatory install isn't to out there?

Comment

Installing games on the 360 is a great thing...it lowers the system's fans to a dull roar and sometimes increases load times.
                              Last edited by Vector; 02-02-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X